Dan-2

Today, I remembered that there was a law that said if we took something from the neighbouring people (Warawi), we would have to give the owner consumption. I talked to Soldier Goodwin about it, but he said it was the Governor’s orders, but it wasn’t, it was Captain’s. Because the Governor said we couldn’t steal from the neighbouring people. When I went back to camp, I searched for things I could give to Warawi as a consumption, but I only had a marine badge, a needle and thread and a dice. So I decided to search for other things from around the camp. I first went to Cook, and asked him for some pig fat to clean my shoes, and then he started talking and talking about how we didn’t have enough food and how there was no good food for eating here. Not one single bit of that was true. Then, while he was looking away, I took a fine bag of pig fat and threw it to the back of a tent. At the end, I asked for a bottle of water for Captain and he gave it to me. On my way to Captain I picked up the bag of pig fat and put it safely in my bag and headed off to Captain. I gave Captain his bottle and he told me to hold his telescope. I looked at his telescope, his beautiful golden telescope.

I stuffed it quickly into my bag. Then, the Captain said it was time for their daily stroll to the point, so I had to bang the drums while they marched.