Dan-3

This morning, I was escorted to captain’s tent, and I was nervous as I walked in. Inside, Captain was sitting on a chair as if he were the king of the world. When he saw me, he told me that I had disobeyed the Governor’s orders and I should have a good night sleep, as I was getting flogged at dawn.

This is so unfair.

The next morning, I was escorted by Goodwin to the location where I was getting flogged. Captain met us at the location, and told Soldier Goodwin to build the flogging triangle. I knew he didn’t want to, but he still did it. While Goodwin built the triangle, Captain left to talk to the flogger. Suddenly, Warawi came out of the bushes holding a bundle. I walked toward her, and Goodwin tried to stop me, but I shook him off. Warawi unwrapped the bundle, and she revealed a beautiful sight: a puppy! “It’s ok Goodwin” I said, It’s a puppy! Goodwin looked, and his frown suddenly turned into grin. Then, Captain came with the flogger, and asked if I had any words to say. I said yes and told him about how the dog was Warawi’s, not the Governor’s. “Soldier, I’m warning you” He said in a stern voice, but then I showed him the bundle, and his face immediately lit up. “You are a good soldier” he said to me, and forgot all about the flogging. Warawi, You’re a life saver!

One Reply to “Dan-3”

1. I liked the words and I also really liked the story and how it wanted me to read more.

But I wish you had less speech.